In the middle of developing the User Accounts Cloning module, Sir Kyl asked me to create a new module— the UP Webmail Detection module.
Read the rest of this entry »

It seems I’ve got some correcting to do.

Read the rest of this entry »

Here are screenshots of the User Accounts Cloning module.

Read the rest of this entry »

Oh yes… your webmail account clones, that is.

This is my third module here at the CRS. It’s called the User Accounts Cloning module.

Read the rest of this entry »

It seems that so much has transpired since Monday. It’s the most hectic week so far. I’ve been so busy implementing specs that seem to chase me that it’s only now that I could blog about what happened in the last three work hours of Tuesday, May 12. I had a blogged on that date before the last three hours, but I think I ought to blog about those hours—those three intense hours.

Read the rest of this entry »

reFinished module

May 12, 2009

Four days ago, I was given additional specs for the User Accounts Management module for the OUR web app.

About 24 hours ago (i.e., yesterday), done! đŸ™‚

Read the rest of this entry »

Into the Battlefield

May 8, 2009

For me at least, the battlefield is the Office of the University Registrar. It is where the modules entrusted to my skills are put to the test. And, it is where my modules fill their purpose and I, the programmer, find my small fulfillment and joy.

In this ten minutes before the end of lunch break (it’s 12:50), I decide to blog about what happened in the past 60 minutes—the first time I entered the battlefield.

Read the rest of this entry »

On the technical side, my current progress here at the CRS would be the accomplishment of two web modules. My status now is waiting… waiting… waiting for the formal specs of a new module that my supervisors have already briefed me about. They’ll be giving the specs later, I believe.

On the operational side of work, I think I have gained quite a lot from last night’s conversation with our supervisors.

Read the rest of this entry »

So, the front end was working—the controller and the view seemed to function properly. I turned to the back end, the database.

Since the User Account  Management module is a sister of the Role Permissions Management module, which I finished earlier, I thought I wouldn’t have any more problems on the querying part. The two modules use the same database tables and I was advised by my supervisors to use left joins still, which I believed I properly utilized in the ‘Role’ module. However, a second look at the module I thought was “Ok na” revealed a fat database bug.

Read the rest of this entry »

As I tried to solve the multiple-submit-button-with-different-functions-all-on-one-page problem, I did not really consider elegance in my code for the controller. I just coded so that no errors are reported and I could see the planned functionality being realized. When I finally got it working, I looked at the controller and oh my, lines and lines and strands of spaghetti.

Read the rest of this entry »